Thursday, October 22, 2009

Change of Plans

Its only been 21 days since my last post, but man there has been a lot happen since then.  I will post more pictures later about the nursery and showers i've had, but I thought I would share the latest news....

It appears that Miss Berkley is growing rapidly.  I had a sonogram yesterday just to check fetal weight and measurements and the doctor had some exciting, yet very overwhelming news.  SHE'S 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE AT LEAST!!!!!!!  Her head is the size of a baby that is usually 37-37 1/2 weeks and I am only 34 weeks tomorrow (so they thought at least).  She is in the 77 percentile of other babies in her status and already weighs 5 lbs 10 oz.  If I was to go all the way until 12/4 (original date), number 1, she'd probably be over 10 pounds, and number 2, her head would be way to big to come out of..........

So that being said, they haven't officially changed my due date just yet, but my doctor is keeping a very close eye on her growth.  The fun thing is i've gotten more sonograms that i ever would have thought I would get.  I go again in 2 weeks to check measurements and weight again and they will have a better idea of an actual "due date."  She has moved since my last appointment, dropped a little, and is in the head down position ready for delivery at some point.

Its so hard to believe that this is really happening.........FAST!  Brian and I have the nursery just about ready and I think we will go ahead and pack a bag soon. I kept thinking I wanted every bit of these last 6 weeks, but I know that when she is ready to enter this world she will with a grand entrance I am sure.

We are getting anxious to say the least........just hoping I finish this season without my water breaking on the volleyball court............

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Get ready girl! I can't wait to meet her!

    And just on a side note, the doctor's predictions of weight aren't always right...they predicted Hudson was going to be 9 lbs and he was 7 lbs, 12 oz. Can't wait to see final pics of the nursery! I'm so excited for you and Brian!

    ReplyDelete