Monday, September 21, 2009

what a weekend!

This past weekend was a crazy one!  Friday night started with a volleyball match at McKinney Boyd.  I got to see a friend I grew up playing with and catch up after the match a little bit.  After that it was off to my house to get ready for the craziness of the weekend!

Saturday morning I headed to temple for my frist shower thrown by my aunt and cousin.  With a car full.....Cayla, Memaw, my mom, and my cousin Marlen, we headed out at about 10:30.  The shower was awesome!!!  The best thing about family showers are the home made things.  I was so blessed to share that time with my family as well as Brian's mom, grandma, aunt, and cousin.  The decorations were some I had never seen before.  Kristy made my cake.......


I told her my chest wasn't that big, but she said she made it "proportional".  She is so talented and the cake tasted great!!!!

I came home with the belly of the cake and I plan to enjoy that a little at a time for the rest of the week.




This was the punch bowl!!! So creative and great decorations.  The punch was a pineapple punch that looked like rubber ducks with them swimming in the bubble bath.

Kristy made me so many receiving blankets and burp cloths.  Berkley is so blessed to have those things made for her that will be unlike anyone elses.  She is already so spoiled!!!  I got my car seat, now I just need to figure out how to use it :).  That thing is heavy even without a baby inside........I need to bump up the arm workouts!  Cayla made me a memory/wish box for Berkley that matches the nursery.  Everyone at the shower wrote a little wish and we put it in there.  I hope to continue that at all the other showers as well as maybe her first few birthdays so that Berkley has that when she gets older to see how much she was loved even before she was born, and read about wishes and hopes for her life!  Marlene made an awesome diaper cake, and Brian and I cut every single ribbon and unrolled the diapers.  Its hard to believe that my baby will be small enough to fit into a new born diaper but yet grow so fast all the way up to a 3! 

Brian and I try to spend a half hour or so in the nursery a night.  I guess thats part of the "nesting" process and we just talk about things or organize drawers, closet space, etc.  Hard to believe she'll be here in less than 11 weeks!

The weekend continued with a great brunch with friends here at my house that I hadn't seen in a LONG time.  It was so fun to reunite with old high school friends, talk about stupid things we did then, and what we are up to now.  My 10 year reunion is in a few weeeks.  I didn't plan to be 20 pounds heavier for that, but hopefully people will see the melon in my stomach!!!!

After  that I went to a friends baby shower.  She too is having a girl and the current moms at the shower shared all kinds of labor stories.  Some scary, some funny.  I wonder what my story will be like!

Lastly, we went to a good friends house for dinner and the cowboy game.  They too are pregnant and due in 3 1/2 weeks!  I spent some time in her nursery helping her get ready (as if I am the expert) and talking about how much life is going to change.........in a good way of course, but it will for sure be change.  I'm so glad she is first!!

That was probably way too full of a weekend, but it was a great time with family and friends.  My body told me to slow down today.  I have a busy week ahead at school with the events of homecoming, 2 home volleyball games, starting district, and a tournament in Allen.  I promise to put my feet up as much as possible!!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I think doing this blog is a great idea, and that cake looks like one from that show Cake Boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are busy!!! Get ready for party two in a week and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun and good weekend..but yet chica..you better get some rest. Listen to that body! You are doing great and I can't believe you only have 11 more weeks!! Can't wait to meet lil' Berkley and I can't believe her and my girls will be so close in age!! They'll have to have play dates when they get older! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, first of all, that cake looks amazing! I hate that we had to miss. I'm so glad you had so much fun and felt so loved. Secondly, I LOVE hearing Laura say that Berkley and her "girls" can have a play date! So.Much.Fun.

    Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete